Double click here to add text.
Restoring the windows.
Double click here to add text.
These windows are Air flight brand, I think. 
The earlier trailers had triangular windows that rolled up and down like a car. The crank ones were replaced by these in 1949. Some early Air Stream trailers used these too. I'm sure those roll down windows leaked like crazy. These are pretty simple in design, but are riveted together and that makes it a little harder to restore them to good shape. This one has been taken apart as much as I can get it. All the parts have been cleaned and buffed out to a decent shine. I am ready to put them back together.
First I made this board with a dado in it to hold the rubber while I cut a miter in the ends of the rubber. You can see the thin line where I used a very fine saw to cut the miters. I cut them all after I did one test window. I got the new gasket rubber from Vintage trailer supply.
I made this little box to hold all the screws for each window. I polished them on an wire wheel and put them back in here until I needed them for reassembly.
The first step is putting a rubber strip into the grove in the aluminum. Keeping track of these little screw holes in important later. They have to be on the same side.
I found that I had to lubricate the rubber with dish soap to get the glass in. And, it was still not easy.
After quit a bit of trial and error, I found that the only way I could get them back together was to use a shaped block of wood and clamps. Also a good bit of dish soap. this had to be done very carefully as to not break the glass. I only broke two out of 10 though.
I set the top and bottoms then the ends. It's not an easy process. but still doable.
Here is one back together. This takes a about an hour. I think.
This is why we keep track of those little holes, to screw these braces back onto the frame.
This is the inside of the frame. These joints were soldered together at the factory but I could not get them hot enough to melt solder so I used a little JB Weld epoxy paste. That little tab bent over the edge has to be carefully straightened with pliers when the pieces are cleaned up then bent back over the edge and screwed down later. One side is riveted.

Here's one restored to the trailer with new glass, if needed, new rubber seals,  and new screen wire. All polished up and ready to go. They look great on the inside too.